A mission statement sets out the rationale for the school’s existence and purpose in terms of the values and underlying:
• The education it offers to its pupils
• Its commitment to staff and pupils
• Its service to the church and the wider community
• Eccleston St Mary’s is a Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School
Our aims are:
• To promote the highest academic standards in all aspects of the curriculum by ensuring that all children develop their full potential regardless of faith, gender, race or colour,
• To provide a welcoming friendly and supportive environment in which Christian values are central to the ethos of the school and its teaching;
• To nurture links between school, home and to the parish community. In providing an awareness and experience of the Anglican faith we further endeavour to cultivate the foundations of mutual respect and responsibility.
The school’s ethos statement is:
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.